The pandemic had many people focusing on “better living at home”. As soon as Summer hit, installing a pool was on everyone’s mind. Remember the Pool Shortage of 2021? Fast forward to today and installing a pool is still top of mind for many. The idea is magical but there are a few key thing that cannot be overlooked. After all, it is a major renovation.
Before planning that Summer outdoor oasis there are some things you may want to consider
- Find out what the bylaws are surrounding pools
- Get all the permits you need well ahead of schedule
- Get an idea about the potential increase in property taxes on your next assessment.
- Ask your insurance broker about your coverage during construction and if your premium will rise when the pool is done.
- Work out the annual operating and maintenance costs which include opening and closing, chemicals, water, and energy to heat.
A pool is a lifestyle choice that may also affect the resale value of your home. If you have questions about the Real Estate side of things, give us a call! We would love to discuss how renovation plans may impact your home selling plans.