If you’re thinking of buying a home in the near future, getting mortgage pre-approval is a critical step. In this blog post, we will outline what documents you will need in order to get pre-approved for a mortgage. So, if you’re ready to take the next step in homeownership, keep reading!
When you’re ready to get pre approved for a mortgage, you’ll need to provide your lender with a few key documents.
Here’s an overview of the documentation you’ll need to provide:
- A letter of employment
- Your most recent pay stubs (usually the most recent last 2 stubs)
- Your most recent tax return
- Proof of any other income you receive (such as child support or alimony)
- A list of all your debts and financial obligations
- Proof of any assets you have (such as savings accounts or investments)
- Your credit report
- Your last 3 months bank statements
Once you have all of the required documents, the next step is to contact a lender and begin the pre-approval process. The lender will review your financial information and determine how much money they’re willing to lend you. It’s important to shop around and compare offers from multiple lenders before making a decision.
Once you’ve been pre-approved for a mortgage, the final step is to find a home that’s within your budget and make an offer. If everything goes smoothly, you’ll be on your way to homeownership in no time!
We hope this blog post has helped you better understand the mortgage pre-approval process. For more information on mortgages visit our blog. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help!