Spring is on the way! And one of the best ways to keep your home in good condition is to do regular maintenance. To make sure you don’t forget anything, we have put together a March Home Maintenance Checklist.
1. Clean gutters: As winter weather subsides and temperatures start to warm up, it’s important to inspect and clean your gutters to avoid clogs.
2. Check for air leaks: As warm air starts to make its way in, take the time to check around windows and doors for any drafts or leaks that could be costing you money.
3. Change filters: Now is a good time to change the filter in your furnace and air conditioning system. This will help to ensure your home stays comfortable and efficient all year round.
4. Inspect roof: Once the snow is gone, take a look at your roof for any damage, worn shingles or other signs of wear and tear that could lead to future problems.
5. Clean windows: Dirty windows not only look bad, but they can also make your home less energy efficient. Take the time to give them a good cleaning inside and out.
6. Check landscaping: Start getting your yard ready for spring by trimming any branches or bushes that have grown too close to the house and removing any debris that may have accumulated over the winter.
7. Check outdoor faucets: Make sure there are no leaks or clogs in your outdoor faucets and that water is draining properly away from your home’s foundation.
8. Test smoke detectors: Don’t forget to check that all of your smoke detectors are working properly.
By checking off each item on this March Home Maintenance Checklist, you can help ensure that your home stays in top condition for years to come.
For more home maintenance tips check out our blog!
Happy spring cleaning!