Whether you like to go full on leprechaun or you just like to dabble in wearing green, St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday! No matter your age, most of us take part in this celebration in one way or another. But today, we are talking grown up traditions (sorry kiddos!)
Now, we all know green beer is a staple at any bar, restaurant or pub on St. Patrick’s Day. But what happens when you don’t drink beer? Don’t stress! We got you! Check out these fun drinks you can choose from to make sure you don’t miss out on that instagramable drink photo you know you wanna post to mark the occasion!
Are you ready to get “shamrocked”? We found this online and we cannot get enough of it. Super easy to make and tastes so delicious. The Spruce Eats describes it as “a light, fruity flavour against a creamy background with, of course, a little bit of Irish whiskey tossed into the mix” and we couldn’t agree more!
- 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey
- 2 ounces melon liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Irish cream liqueur
Steps to Make
- Gather All your ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake very well.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
Boozy Shamrock Shakes
Alcohol and Ice Cream? SIGN ME UP!!! We couldn’t pass up sharing this one with you because it’s honestly AMAZING!
- 3 crushed Mint Oreos, for rimming cups
- 1/4 c. Fudge sauce, for rimming cups and garnish
- 9 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 c. Baileys
- 2 oz. whiskey
- 6 whole Mint Oreos
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Maraschino cherries, for serving
Steps to Make it
- Pour crushed Oreos onto a small plate. Rim 2 glasses with chocolate fudge and dip into crushed Oreos. In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, Baileys, whiskey, Oreos, green food coloring, and peppermint extract. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour shake into prepared glasses, top with the whipped cream, and drizzle with fudge sauce. Top with a maraschino cherry.
If you haven’t tried an Apple Martini call your girlfriends and hit the town! Cause this drink is not one you want to pass on! Don’t let the name make you think this is a soft and cuddly treat. These babies are STRONG! Still 100% booze, and very vodka-forward, but it’s got a bit more going on. The Apple schnapps brings sweet-tart green apple flavour, which a splash of calvados (apple brandy) gives it a fiery kick! You have been warned! 😂 So make sure you Uber your way to the bar tonight if you are taking this drink out for a spin!
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. apple schnapps
- 1/2 oz. calvados
- Green Apple Slices – for serving
Steps to Make
- Place martini glass in freezer to chill.
- Combine vodka, schnapps, and calvados in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Pour cocktail into chilled glass and garnish with apple slice.
- Sip and Enjoy!