We’re big fans of home staging before selling – in fact we include it in our standard services for Sellers. Today, we’re answering all your burning questions.
What is home staging? What’s involved?
The term ‘staging’ encompasses a lot of activities that help a home look its best. It might involve:
- Decluttering and depersonalizing
- Minor repairs and home improvements like painting or landscaping
- Deep cleaning
- Optimizing the use and flow of every room
- Rearranging furniture or switching out furniture
- Partially or fully furnishing an entire home
- Adding or subtracting accessories, linens
- Enhancing lighting
- Adding greenery and colour
What are the benefits of home staging?
- Staged homes sell for more money.
- Staged homes sell faster
- It’s easier for Buyers to picture themselves living in a staged home.
- Staged homes look better in photos
What are the most common rooms that get staged?
- Living room
- Master bedroom
- Dining room
What home improvements should I make before selling?
- Home cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Minor repairs
- Painting walls
- Paint touch-ups