Before the cold weather sets in, you want to know the furnace is running reliably. An unexpected breakdown could mean more than a chilly night, it could mean frozen water pipes too. It’s also about safety. A cracked heat exchanger could let odourless, poisonous Carbon Monoxide seep into a home.
Certain maintenance is easy, like replacing the filter, however, it’s a good idea to have the furnace professionally inspected and cleaned annually. That includes:
- Safety test for Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Check for debris in the chimney
- Clean air filters
- Check thermostat
- Check and clean gas pilot safety system
- Clean motor and fan
- Clean burners and set for proper combustion
- Check gas connection to furnace
A well-adjusted heating system offers safety, peace-of-mind, and saves money too.
If you are looking for a reliable contractor, let us know! We have some good names to pass along.