Apps and Tools for Preparing to Sell, Buy, or Rent
In this day and age, there are various resources available to anyone looking to sell, buy or rent a home. For example, there are apps available for each one of these subjects that can be quite helpful. The following are a number of different apps that you should consider downloading.
- Dwellr. One of the most important aspects of house hunting is identifying good neighbourhoods. It doesn’t matter how incredible the house itself is if it’s in the middle of a terrible neighbourhood. Dwellr is an app that offers users neighbourhood guides. Information such as the median age of its residents to the median home values is available to users.
- Real Estate by Zillow. Zillow’s Real Estate app is one of the most downloaded real estate-related apps. It provides users the same capabilities that their website offers. Users will have access to a database that includes more than 100 million homes. Sellers can even upload a video walkthrough of their home as long as an agent approves of it beforehand.
- GreatSchools. Anyone who is looking for a home to raise a family in should check out the GreatSchools app. It provides information about different school zones and how individual schools are ranked.
- House Hunter. This app can be incredibly useful when it comes to comparing the homes you’ve looked at. House Hunters provides a scoring method to help you rank your favourite houses. It scores houses by allowing you to score features off of a checklist while doing a walkthrough. You can even store pictures of the house within the app.
- Homesnap. Homesnap is an innovative app for house hunters that can be used while you are house hunting. When you take a picture of a house using the app, it will pull up information about the home available. This information is pulled from its listing and other public records.
- RoOomy. RoOomy may be an oddly named app, but it’s one that can be useful for home sellers. It’s a virtual staging app that will let you create 3D images of the rooms in your home. These are based on photos that you take using your tablet or smartphone. You can even stage these images using virtual furniture from an extensive catalogue.
- Mortgage Calculator. Determining what your budget should be can be a daunting There are numerous free mortgage calculator apps out there that you can download. Some examples are the LendingTree Mortgage Calculator and the Easy Mortgages app. These apps allow you to break down monthly payments, compare the cost of renting vs. buying, compare different loan terms, get real-time interest rates, determine how much interest you will pay and much more.
When the time comes, be sure to look into downloading some of these helpful real estate apps and tools for preparing to sell, buy, or rent!