If you’re living in Barrie, Ontario and you’re looking for things to do this summer, look no further. Barrie is known for holding some of the most fun and exciting events in the area. The following are some of the upcoming events worth checking out in Barrie this summer:
- Promenade Day and Canada Day. This event is held overa three-day period from June 30th to July 2nd. The Promenade Day and Canada Day celebration has become one of the most popular annual events in Barrie, since first being established in 1974. The event takes place in downtown Barrie on Dunlop Street. Here you’ll not only be able to try delicious food and drinks from local vendors, but also listen to live music. There will also be various street performers throughout the event.
- Craft Beer & BBQ Festival – If you like beer and barbecue, then you couldn’t be in a better place. The wildly popular Craft Beer & BBQ Festival kicks off on July 8th and lasts until July 10th at Heritage Park. Nine different craft breweries will be present, including Northwinds, Redline Brewhouse, and Sawdust City Brewing, to name a few. Joining them will be five great BBQ vendors, including Crabby’s BBQ Shack and Hawgs Gone Wild. You’ll have to be 19 to drink, but anyone can eat!
- The Five Points at the Theatre by the Bay. If you enjoy live theater, then you won’t want to miss this special production at the Theatre by the Bay. The Five Points was developed over the span of a year. Actual people throughout the Barrie community were interviewed as a source of inspiration. The production highlights what it means to be a part of the city. The Five Points runs from July 22nd to July 29th.
- The Pirate Festival – Who doesn’t love pirates? If you have kids, then you should be sure to bring them to the Pirate Festival at the Discovery Harbour. It is taking place onAugust 5th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some of the featured activities will include learning how to speak pirate lingo, a dubloon treasure hunt, face painting, pirate magic, and much more.
- The WAYHOME Music & Art Festival. If you love live music, then you won’t want to miss the WAYHOME Music & Art Festival. The festival will be held right outside of Barrie in Oro-Medonte, which is only 30 to 40 minutes by car. The three-day music festival will take place from July 28th to July 30th at the Burl’s Creek Event Grounds. The lineup will include Flume, Imagine Dragons, Frank Ocean, Foster the People, Justice, Schoolboy Q, the Shins and many more.
There’s no shortage of things to do in Barrie, Ontario, especially if you’re around in the summer. These are just a sample of the big summer events that residents of Barrie enjoy every year.